- This event has passed.
Virtual Workshop for Newcomers and Recent Immigrants to Canada – Managing Your Money in Canada, Intermediate
November 17 @ 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm Canada/Regina
The Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (www.cfee.org) is organizing a virtual workshop designed for newcomers and recent immigrants to Canada designed to help newcomers adapt to the realities of life in Canada, with a financial focus.
Our goal for the workshop is to help participants to:
- think about financial matters in a Canadian context (to identify what is the same, and what may be different from a participant’s country of origin);
- reflect on life events and the financial decisions that relate to those events; and
- practice the appropriate vocabulary and English language terms around money and financial decisions in Canada.
This workshop is for those that have achieved Canada Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 to 6. Topics include:
- Budgeting Beyond Basics
- Buying or Leasing (Houses, Cars)
- Saving for Education
- Taxation in Canada, Filing Income Taxes
- Basic Investments